Sauvignon Blanc

sauvpeq

badge-1-medium

Pequeñas Producciones
Sauvignon Blanc

A wine characteristic of our terroir that has won awards on various occasions both nationally and internationally. This is an elegant, gastronomic wine.
Pequeñas Producciones is a limited production of only 500 cases made from grapes harvested from a select few rows with easterly orientation. Harvested at night at the beginning of April they are cold soaked on their skins for 8 days before being pressed. At least 90% of the press is then fermented in used French oak barrels for 4-6 weeks.

Heady notes of ginger, white pepper and grapefruit dominate on the nose. In the mouth a layered flavour profile kicks-off with an attack of nectarine and white peach leading to a smoky, mineral finish with just a hint of rock salt.

Packing

colecion
Close

Tasting Note 2015

Sauvignon Blanc Pequeñas Producciones 2015
Casablanca Valley

Vineyard:
All fruit was harvested from our own vineyard - located within the coolest, westernmost reaches of the Casablanca Valley. Sourced from a mixture of two clones (85% clone 242 from the “Cantera” and 15% clone 107 from the “Trampa” blocks) from hillsides plantings on 110 million year old decomposed granites with a thin topsoil of red volcanic clay. The blocks used in this blend were cropped at an average of 3.7 tonnes per hectare (1.5 tons per acre).

Harvest:
Harvest was carried nocturnally on the nights of the 30th of March and the 10th of April, 2015.

Vinification:
On arrival at the winery all grapes were first destemmed and crushed to stainless steel tanks (via a chiller in order to drop the temperature to between 0 and -2°C or 28-32ºF) where they were then left to cold soak for 180 hours (8 days). Following this time the free-run juice was drained by gravity from the tanks. The remaining skins and juice were then dug-out and gently squeezed using pneumatic presses in order to separate light from hard pressings. The resulting juices were left to cold settle (at 10ºC/50ºF) for 4 days following which time they were racked to 2nd and 3rd use French oak barrels. The juice was first inoculated with Torulaspora delbrueckii (a native yeast isolated from the vineyard) and then, 3-4 days later when fermentation had already begun, they were inoculated a second time with Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Temperatures during the fermentation in barrel peaked at 18ºC (or 65ºF). After the completion of fermentation the wines were left on gross lees for three weeks (without stirring) before being blended, cold stabilised, filtered and bottled.

Tasting Notes:
A richly textured, more overtly gastronomic style of Sauvignon. Heady notes of ginger, white pepper and grapefruit dominate on the nose. In the mouth a layered flavour profile kicks-off with an attack of nectarine and white peach leading to a smoky, mineral finish with just a hint of rock salt.

Wine Analysis:
Alcohol: 13.9%
pH: 3.31
Total Acidity: 6.5 g/L
Residual Sugar: 1.8 g/L
Volatile Acidity: 0.62 g/L

Tasting Note 2014

Pequeñas Producciones 2014
Casablanca Valley

Vineyard :
All fruit was harvested from our own vineyard - located within the coolest, westernmost reaches of the Casablanca Valley. Sourced from a mixture of two clones (88% clone 242 from the “Cantera” and 12% clone 107 from the “Trampa” blocks) from hillsides plantings on 110 million year old decomposed granites with a thin topsoil of red volcanic clay. The blocks used in this blend were cropped at an average of 4.5 tonnes per hectare (1.8 tons per acre).

Harvest :
Harvest was carried nocturnally on the nights of the 4th and 11th of April, 2014.

Vinification :
On arrival at the winery all grapes were first destemmed and crushed to stainless steel tanks (via a chiller in order to drop the temperature to between 0 and -2°C or 28-32ºF) where they were then left to cold soak for 185 hours (8 days). Following this time the free-run juice was drained by gravity from the tanks. The remaining skins and juice were then dug-out and gently squeezed using pneumatic presses in order to separate light from hard pressings. The resulting juices were then left to cold settle (at 10ºC/50ºF) for 4 days following which time 97% of the blend was racked to 2nd and 3rd use French oak barrels and fermented with selected yeasts (with temperatures peaking at 18ºC or 65ºF). The remaining 3% of the blend was racked to stainless steel tanks, inoculated with selected yeasts and ultra-cool fermented (reaching temperatures as low as 6.5ºC/44ºF at the peak of the fermentation). After the completion of fermentation the wines were left on gross lees for three weeks (without stirring) before being blended, cold stabilised, filtered and bottled.

Tasting Notes :
A richly textured, more overtly gastronomic style of Sauvignon. Heady notes of ginger, white pepper and grapefruit dominate on the nose. In the mouth a layered flavour profile kicks-off with an attack of nectarine and white peach leading to a smokey, mineral finish with just a hint of rock salt.

Wine Analysis :

  • Alcohol: 14.0%
  • pH: 3.41
  • Total Acidity: 6.2 g/L
  • Residual Sugar: 1.9 g/L
  • Volatile Acidity: 0.68 g/L

Tasting Notes 2013

Pequeñas Producciones 2013
Casablanca Valley

Vineyard :
All fruit was sourced from our own vineyard - located within the coolest, westernmost reaches of the Casablanca Valley. Sourced from 10 year old vines of clone 242 Sauvignon blanc planted on hillsides within the “Cantera” sector of our vineyard. Soils within this part of the vineyard consist of 110 million year old decomposed granites covered with a thin layer of red volcanic clay. The blocks used in this blend were cropped at an average of 6.5 tonnes per hectare (2.6 tons per acre).

Harvest :
Harvest was carried out by hand on the 14th and 23rd of April, 2013.

Vinification :
Upon arrival at the winery all grapes were first destemmed and crushed to stainless steel tanks (via a chiller in order to drop the temperature to between 0 and 1ºC) where they were then left to cold soak for 128 hours (5.5 days). Following this time the free-run juice was drained by gravity from the tanks. The remaining skins and juice were then dug-out and gently squeezed using pneumatic presses in order to separate light from hard pressings. The resulting juices were then left to cold settle (at 10ºC/50ºF) for 4 days following which time 50% of the blend was racked to 2nd and 3rd use French oak barrels and fermented with selected yeasts (with temperatures peaking at 18ºC or 65ºF). The remaining 50% of the blend was racked to stainless steel tanks, inoculated with selected yeasts and ultra-cool fermented (reaching temperatures as low as 6.5ºC/44ºF at the peak of the fermentation). After the completion of fermentation the wines were left on gross lees for three weeks (without stirring) before being blended, cold stabilised, filtered and bottled.

Tasting Notes :
A richly textured, more overtly gastronomic style of Sauvignon. Heady notes of ginger, white pepper and grapefruit dominate on the nose. In the mouth a layered flavour profile kicks-off with an attack of quince and white peach leading to a smokey, mineral finish with just a hint of rock salt.

Wine Analysis :

  • Alcohol: 14.0%
  • pH: 3.53
  • Total Acidity: 6.2 g/L
  • Residual Sugar: 2.4 g/L
  • Volatile Acidity: 0.55 g/L

Tasting Notes 2012

Pequeñas Producciones 2012
Casablanca Valley

Vineyard :
All fruit was sourced from our own vineyard - located within the coolest, westernmost reaches of the Casablanca Valley. A blend of two different clones of Sauvignon Blanc (94% clone 107 and 6% clone 242) from 8 and 9 year old vines. Sourced from hillside blocks planted on a red clay mixed with decomposed granite. The blocks used in this blend were cropped at an average of 6.5 tonnes per hectare (2.6 t/acre).

Harvest :
Harvest was carried out by hand on the 14th and 23rd of March, 2012.

Vinification :
Upon arrival at the winery all grapes were subjected to a whole bunch selection before being crushed to stainless steel tanks (via a chiller in order to drop the temperature to 3ºC or 37ºF) where they were then left to cold soak for 78 hours or a little over three days. Following this time the free-run juice was drained by gravity from the tanks. The remaining skins and juice were then dug-out and gently squeezed using a pneumatic press in order to separate light from hard pressings. The resulting juices were then left to cold settle (at 10ºC/50ºF for 4 days) following which time 55% of the blend was racked to stainless steel tanks, inoculated with selected yeasts and ultra-cool fermented (reaching temperatures as low as 8ºC/46ºF at the peak of the fermentation). Following fermentation this component was aged for 2 months on gross lees (without stirring) before blending.
The remaining 45% of the blend was fermented with selected yeasts in second use French oak barrels with temperatures peaking at 20ºC/68ºF. Post fermentation the barrels were stirred weekly in order to encourage lees break-down and the subsequent pick-up of “yeasty” characters in the wine. After two months the barrel component was blended with the tank fermented component, cold stabilised, filtered and bottled.

Tasting Notes :
A richly textured, more overtly gastronomic style of Sauvignon. Heady notes of ginger, white pepper and grapefruit dominate on the nose. In the mouth a layered flavour profile kicks-off with an attack of quince and white peach leading to a smokey, mineral finish with just a hint of rock salt.

Wine Analysis :

  • Alcohol: 13.9%
  • pH: 3.19
  • Total Acidity: 6.1 g/L
  • Residual Sugar: 2.1 g/L
  • Volatile Acidity: 0.42g/L

Tasting Notes 2011

Pequeñas Producciones 2011
Casablanca Valley

Vineyard :
All fruit was sourced from our own vineyard - located within the coolest, westernmost reaches of the Casablanca Valley. Sourced from 8 year old hillside blocks of clone 107 planted on a red clay mixed with decomposed granite. Cropped at an average of 5.5 tonnes per hectare (2.2t/acre).

Harvest :
Harvest was carried out by hand on the 7th and 15th of April, 2011. .

Vinification :
On arrival at the winery all grapes were subjected to a whole bunch selection before being crushed to stainless steel tanks (via a chiller in order to drop the temperature to 3ºC or 37ºF) where they were then left to cold soak for a little over four days (or 100 hours). Following this time the free-run juice was drained by gravity from the tanks. The remaining skins and juice were then dug-out and gently squeezed using a pneumatic press in order to separate light from hard pressings. The resulting juices were then left to cold settle (at 12ºC/54ºF for 4 days) following which time 80% of the blend was racked to stainless steel tanks, inoculated with selected yeasts and ultra-cool fermented (reaching temperatures as low as 8ºC/46ºF at the peak of the fermentation). Following fermentation this component was aged for 2 months on gross lees (without stirring) before blending.
The remaining 20% of the blend was fermented with selected yeasts in new (5%) and second use (15%) French oak barrels with temperatures peaking at 20ºC/68ºF. Post fermentation the barrels were stirred weekly in order to encourage lees break-down and the subsequent pick-up of “yeasty” characters in the wine. After two months the barrel component was blended with the tank fermented component, cold stabilised, filtered and bottled.

Tasting Notes :
Intense notes of grapefruit, lime, white pepper and fresh ginger dominate on the nose. In the mouth flavours of quince and white peach are backed up by smokey notes leading to a flinty, mineral finish with just a hint of green jalapeño chilli. A bright, zesty acidity imparts excellent structure and length.

Wine Analysis :

  • Alcohol: 13.7%
  • pH: 3.39
  • Total Acidity: 6.4 g/L
  • Residual Sugar: 2.6 g/L
  • Volatile Acidity: 0.32g/L

Tasting Notes 2010

Pequeñas Producciones 2010
Casablanca Valley

Vineyard :
All fruit was sourced from our own vineyard - located within the coolest, westernmost reaches of the Casablanca Valley. A blend of three different clones of Sauvignon Blanc: 67% clone 107 (sourced from hillside blocks planted on a red clay mixed with decomposed granite), 22% clone 242 and 11% clone 1 (both sourced from a clay loam soil from the flat part of the vineyard). The blocks used in this blend were cropped at an average of 5 tonnes per hectare (2.7 t/acre).

Harvest :
Harvest was carried out by hand on the 26th and 29th of March, 2010.

Vinification :
On arrival at the winery all grapes were first subjected to a whole bunch followed by an individual berry selection. The grapes were then crushed to stainless steel tanks (via a chiller in order to drop the temperature to 6ºC or 43ºF) where they were then left to cold soak for 40 hours. Following this time the free-run juice was drained by gravity from the tanks. The remaining skins and juice were then dug-out and gently squeezed using a pneumatic press in order to separate light from hard pressings. The resulting juices were then left to cold settle (at 12ºC/54ºF for 4 days) following which time 28% of the blend was racked to stainless steel tanks, inoculated with selected yeasts and ultra-cool fermented (reaching temperatures as low as 8.5ºC/47ºF at the peak of the fermentation). Following fermentation this component was aged for 2 months on gross lees (without stirring) before blending.
The remaining 72% of the blend was fermented with selected yeasts in 3rd and 4th use French oak barrels with temperatures peaking at 20ºC/68ºF. Post fermentation the barrels were stirred weekly in order to encourage lees break-down and the subsequent pick-up of “yeasty” characters in the wine. After two months the barrel component was blended with the tank fermented component, cold stabilised, filtered and bottled.

Tasting Notes :
Intense notes of grapefruit, white pepper and fresh ginger dominate on the nose. In the mouth quince and peach are backed up by smokey notes leading to a flinty, mineral finish. A bright, zesty acidity imparts excellent structure and length.

Wine Analysis :

  • Alcohol: 13.3%
  • pH: 3.39
  • Total Acidity: 7.1 g/L
  • Residual Sugar: 2.6 g/L
  • Volatile Acidity: 0.46g/L

Tasting Notes 2009

Sauvignon Blanc 2009, Casablanca Valley

The grapes that go into this wine come from the coldest terroir of the Casablanca Valley, where they achieve tremendous expressivity, excellent acidity, citrus and mineral notes, and elegance.
The wine’s impressive personality begins in the vineyards. 30% of the grapes come from sectors with a high concentration of “black clay” in the soil, and the remaining 70% from rolling hillsides in formation with semi-decomposed granitic rock, which produces naturally low yields and produces small and very concentrated bunches.

Clonal Composition:
70% Clone 107, Trampa Oriente Sector
30% Clone 1, Bandera Sector

Aging:
5% of the wine was fermented in second-use French oak barrels, where it remained on its lees for 3 months. The remaining 95% of the wine was fermented in stainless steel tanks and was also left on its lees for 3 months.

Analysis:
Alcohol 13.4º
pH 3.23
TA 7.68 gr/lt Tartarc Acid
RS 1.34 gr/lt

Tasting Notes 2008

Tasting Notes 2008

Sauvignon Blanc 2008, Casablanca Valley

It is the source of its grapes that makes this wine different. We had previously picked them from our vineyards located in sectors of high clay concentration called ‘Gredas Negras’. And although this sauvignon blanc still contains 30% of grapes from that origin, the remaining 70% now comes from plants that grow on slopes formed by semi degraded granitic rock. Here, the vines grow slowly and produce the small but very concentrated bunches that originate this great wine.

Clonal composition of the wine:
60% clone 107 from La Trampa Oriente
30% clone 1 from Bandera
10% clone 242 from Cantera

Aging:
10% of the wine was fermented in used French oak barrels (second use) where it was aged on its lees for three months.
90% of the wine was fermented in stainless steel tanks and was kept on its lees for three months.

Analysis:
Alcohol: 13.3°
pH: 3.18
T.A. 8.48 (Total acidity)
R.S. 1.00 (Residual sugar)

Awards

Sauvignon Blanc Pequeñas Producciones

Vintage 2015 - Vivino – App Cosumers woldwide Nº1 en @Vivino
Vintage 2015 - James Suckling - USA 92 Points
Vintage 2015 - Descorchados - Chile 94 Points
Vintage 2015 -  Mesa De Cata La Cav - Chile 93 Points
Vintage 2015 - Catador Wine Awards - Chile Gold Medal
Vintage 2014 - Catador Wine Awards - Chile Gold Medal
Vintage 2014 - International Wine Cellar – Usa 92 Points
Vintage 2014 - Concours Mundiale Bruxelles - Belgium Silver Medal
Vintage 2014 - Catador Wine Awards - Chile Silver Medal
Vintage 2014 - Descorchados - Chile 93 Points
Vintage 2014 - Guía Peñín - Chile 93 Points
Vintage 2014 - Vinos De La Cordillera - Chile-Mendoza 92 Points
Vintage 2014 - Concours Mundiale Bruxelles - Belgium Great Gold Medal
Vintage 2013 - Descorchados - Chile 94 Points
Vintage 2013 - Decanter World Wine Awards - Uk Silver Medal
Vintage 2013 - Catador Wine Awards - Chile Gold Medal
Vintage 2013 - Wine Advocate - Usa 90 Points
Vintage 2013 - Mundus Vini - Alemania Gold Medal
Vintage 2013 - International Wine & Spirit Competition - Uk Silver Medal
Vintage 2013 - Mesa De Cata La Cav - Chile 93 Points
Vintage 2012 - Mesa De Cata La Cav - Chile 91 Points
Vintage 2012 - Descorchados - Chile 93 Points
Vintage 2012 - Guía Mujer & Vino - Chile 91 Points
Vintage 2012 - Wines Of Chile Awards - Chile Gold Medal
Vintage 2012 - Wine Enthusiast - Usa 90 Points
Vintage 2012 - Six Nations Wine Challenge - Australia Medals Of Excellence
Vintage 2012 - International Wine Cellar - Usa 91 Points
Vintage 2011 - Descorchados - Chile 92 Points
Vintage 2011 - Catador Wine Awards - Chile Gold Medal
Vintage 2011 - International Wine & Spirit Competition - Uk Silver Medal
Vintage 2011 - Mesa De Cata La Cav - Chile 91 Points
Vintage 2011 - Mujer & Vino - Chile 91 Points
Vintage 2011 - Tony Aspler - Canada 92 Points
Vintage 2011 - Wines Of Chile Awards - Chile Gold Medal
Vintage 2011 - International Wine Cellar - Usa 91 Points
Vintage 2010 - Descorchados - Chile 91 Points
Vintage 2010 - Guía Mujer & Vino - Chile 90 Points
Vintage 2010 - Wines Of Chile Awards - Chile Gold Medal Best In Category
Vintage 2010 - Expo Vinis - Brasil Best Sauvignon Blanc
Vintage 2010 - Concours Mundiale Bruxelles - Belgica Gold Medal
Vintage 2010 - International Wine Cellar - Usa 91 Points
Vintage 2010 - Wine Enthusiast - Usa 91 Points, Most- Friendly
Vintage 2010 - Wine Advocate - Usa 90 Points
Vintage 2009 - Descorchados - Chile 93 Points
Vintage 2009 - Guía Mujer & Vino - Chile 90 Points
Vintage 2009 - The International Wine Review - Usa 90 Points
Vintage 2009 - Decanter World Wine Awards - Uk Gold Medal
Vintage 2009 - Concours Mondial Sauvignon - Bélgica Silver Medal
Vintage 2009 - Catador Wine Awards - Chile Silver Medal
Vintage 2009 - International Wine & Spirit Competition - Uk Silver Medal
Vintage 2009 - International Wine Cellar - Usa 91 Points
Vintage 2008 - Revista Vinos & Más - Chile 93 Points
Vintage 2008 - Descorchados - Chile 93 Points
Vintage 2008 - Mujer & Vino - Chile 90 Points
Vintage 2008 - Wine Advocate - Usa 91 Points

logos_premios